[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM 5.4 - Transaction Problems with completeWorkitem() when an EJB Exception occurs

Ed SAURUSAITIS do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 8 12:53:27 EDT 2013

Ed SAURUSAITIS [https://community.jboss.org/people/fishing69] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM 5.4 - Transaction Problems with completeWorkitem() when an EJB Exception occurs"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831992#831992

The issue turned out to be that the EJB attempted to use the same transaction as used by JBPM Workitem Handler. This not the behavior I was expecting. I needed to EJB to have its own transaction. I accomplished this by starting a new transaction within the EJB. I added an annotation (@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.++REQUIRES_NEW++)) to accomplish this. Now the Workitem handler catches the exceptions without rolling back the JBPM transaction.

Ed