[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: jboss 5.1.0: performance drops after one hour and strange GC behaviour

Matt Darwin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 16 12:22:29 EDT 2013

Matt Darwin [https://community.jboss.org/people/mattdarwin] created the discussion

"Re: jboss 5.1.0: performance drops after one hour and strange GC behaviour"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832923#832923

Hi Wolf-Dieter,

Thanks for the answer.  What I don't understand is why this works just fine in 4.0.5GA, and indeed in 5.0.1 for the first hour.

Something changes (perhaps related to the number of FileSystemContext objects) after either exactly one hour, which means that lots more objects survive which previously weren't surviving.

Is there any way of finding out what these objects are?  And supposing they are FileSystemContext objects, what then? How do we stop this from happening?

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]