[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - How to confirm JVM Settings

Santy Avinash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 21 02:49:49 EDT 2013

Santy Avinash [https://community.jboss.org/people/pandes3] created the discussion

"How to confirm JVM Settings"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833306#833306

Hi,

Needed some help here (Jboss AS 7.1, RHEL 6)

I have updated the java options in standalone.conf file

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:ThreadStackSize=128"

restarted the Jboss

Now need to confirm the settings have effecctively updated, I run the following command "java -XshowSettings:all" , below is the output

VM settings:
    Stack Size: 1.00M
    Max. Heap Size (Estimated): 1.71G
    Ergonomics Machine Class: server
    Using VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

The stack size still it is showin as 1 MB and heap size as 1.71 G.

why the settings have not been updated ? Am I looking at right place (java -XshowSettings:all) ?

Help will be most appreciated

Regards

Avinash

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]