[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to change console version for jbpm recompile

Marco Burrafato do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 22 05:32:03 EDT 2013

Marco Burrafato [https://community.jboss.org/people/ocramot] created the discussion

"How to change console version for jbpm recompile"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833506#833506

I wanted to make some specific changes in the jbpm console, relative to a project I'm working on, so I followed the guide here:
 https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-18178 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToBuildmodifyJbpm-consoleAndDeployItOnServer
Anyway I downloaded the jbpm 5.4 version (last stable nowadays). This version uses the console version 2.3.8.Final by default, so I downloaded the 2.3.9-SNAPSHOT version, to avoid conflicts.

Still, when I try to compile, I get the following:

[...]
[DEBUG] Configuring mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources' with basic configurator -->
[DEBUG]   (f) buildFilters = []
[DEBUG]   (f) encoding = UTF-8
[DEBUG]   (f) escapeWindowsPaths = true
[DEBUG]   (s) includeEmptyDirs = false
[DEBUG]   (s) outputDirectory = C:\Users\ocramot\repository\edit_console\jbpm\jbpm-flow\target\classes
[DEBUG]   (s) overwrite = false
[DEBUG]   (f) project = MavenProject: org.jbpm:jbpm-flow:5.4.1-SNAPSHOT @ C:\Users\ocramot\repository\edit_console\jbpm\jbpm-flow\pom.xml
[DEBUG]   (s) resources = [Resource {targetPath: null, filtering: false, FileSet {directory: C:\Users\ocramot\repository\edit_console\jbpm\jbpm-flow\src\main\resources, PatternSet [includes: {}, excludes: {}]}}]
[DEBUG]   (f) session = org.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession at 10ebe2f8
[DEBUG]   (f) useBuildFilters = true
[DEBUG]   (s) useDefaultDelimiters = true
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[DEBUG] properties used { [ ... ],  bpm.console.version=2.3.8.Final, [ ... ]}
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[DEBUG] resource with targetPath null
[ ... ]

and so on for every sub-project (jbpm-flow-builder, jbpm-persistence-jpa, etc.)

and in fact, maven takes care to dowload and install in my local repository the 2.3.8.Final version, ignoring the 2.3.9.SNAPSHOT version already present there.

How can I resolve this? What pom files do I have to modify? What could I have missed? Is there a default version defined somewhere?