[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Does anyone know "what happened" to this forum over the last week?

Alexander Herwix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 23 11:25:28 EDT 2013

Alexander Herwix [https://community.jboss.org/people/herwix] created the discussion

"Re: Does anyone know "what happened" to this forum over the last week?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833709#833709

Hey Al,

yeah don't know what happened either, I guess some internal errors or whatnot. I agree that the lack of visible reaction or attention of the matter might not be the best way to handle this, but you have to keep in mind that redhat is first and foremost a company that sells services and products. The community part of it all is as far as I can tell, pretty much done in spare time... and at the moment the devs are pretty busy trying to finish the 6.0 release, which as far as I can tell is a very important and promising step for the droolsjbpm project. I really think that Version 6 is lightyears beyond the old 5.X stuff... However, I certainly share your sentiment that the community could be handled better. I guess we are all human after all.

If you are looking for some more information about 6.0. I can recommend you some resources to get started:

A presentation by mark proctor (drools founder) about it:  http://blog.athico.com/2013/08/whats-new-in-drools-60-london-jbug-2013.html http://blog.athico.com/2013/08/whats-new-in-drools-60-london-jbug-2013.html
I would watch the video on yt and look at the slides in parallel... really a good starting point! (I wish I had it seen sooner...)

The drools wiki documents:  https://community.jboss.org/community/drools https://community.jboss.org/en/drools and especially  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-47996 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/SonOfKie to understand the kie structure and how stuff is related.

And of course the droolsjbpm github repo. Look at the tests and examples there.