[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Human task escalation understanding

javajbpmuser do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 6 09:47:29 EST 2013

javajbpmuser [https://community.jboss.org/people/javajbpmuser] created the discussion

"Human task escalation understanding"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/796361#796361

Hi community,

I have some questions about Human Task node in jbpm v5.4. Actually I am designing a sample process that contains two human tasks ,in the second one I had defined Escalation mechanism ( when task is not-started , set expires at to 60s and set user Id).
When process reaches the second node of my process I see that after 60s , that Task status ( in jbpm database  table Task) changed from "Reserved" to "Ready", but no user is assigned on that task (actualOwner_id had been changed to NULL) . I was wondering what could be the cause of that ?

I tried to see the java API but I did not find how I can catch the escalation event for Human Task , May I have any idea or help about how I can do that ? because actually what I am trying to do is when "Human Task" had been reassigned to another user , I should call a Java method to update some data  on my application.

Regards