[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Problem with jbpm-console (business-central) in BRMS server

Jose Miguel Loor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 8 17:34:20 EST 2013

Jose Miguel Loor [https://community.jboss.org/people/jmiguel77] created the discussion

"Problem with jbpm-console (business-central) in BRMS server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/796846#796846

Hi

I am trying to access the REST api that is included in the BRMS server, but the problem is that the brms-central-server has FORM authentication by default:

<login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <form-login-config>
      <form-login-page>/login.html</form-login-page>
      <form-error-page>/login_failed.html</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>
  </login-config>

And i have found no way to access the REST resources with a client that handles that kind of authentication. So, i changed it to BASIC auth:

<login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>GWT Console Server</realm-name>
  </login-config>

This i did, by editing the file in brms-standalone-5.3.0/jboss-as/server/default/deploy/business-central-server.war/WEB-INF/web.xml. After this change, i am able to interact with the REST resources.

But, the jbpm console gui (/business-central/app.html) is not working anymore. I introduced the correct user / password and cannot login to the jbpm console.

What else do i need to configure to have both systems working correctly ??