[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Whats the state of buildin exception handling in 5.3?

shizanu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 22 03:53:31 EST 2013

shizanu [https://community.jboss.org/people/shizanu] created the discussion

"Whats the state of buildin exception handling in 5.3?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799027#799027

Hello,

I found several older threads saying that in order to change process flow due to exceptions I have to either signal the process from my work item handler or pass the error as a result parameter and then check for errors.

I also found information saying that with 5.3 I can now attach error catch events to all tasks, including service and script tasks. But I currently dont see how I can create a signal for those error catch events to handle.

My goal is to visually represent error handling in my process diagram, to distinguish it from the normal decision flow. Currently I am passing back error messages as result paramters and then check in a XOR node, wether an error occured. However since the same nodes are used for business decisions this is undesirable and I am looking for an alternative.

best wishes
Shizanu