[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: Supporting SocketAddress as a config property?

Philippe Marschall do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 10:13:27 EST 2013

Philippe Marschall [https://community.jboss.org/people/pmm] created the discussion

"Re: Supporting SocketAddress as a config property?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787074#787074

> Jesper Pedersen wrote:
>
> Complex objects like SocketAddress and List won't be supported any time soon.
>
> The config-property's are initialized before the resource adapter is started, connection factories bound in JNDI, ... so it would require a very explicit lifecycle model. Not to mention the marshal/unmarshal of their values.
Yeah. It's just something common that adaptors need to do and it would be cool if the application server could do the heavy lifting. There doesn't seem to be a JCA 1.7 planned for EE 7 so I thought I'd mention it. I guess I can still hope for a JCA 1.8 in EE 8  :)

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]