[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Web -Services connection Handling

gireesh g do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 4 00:34:22 EST 2013

gireesh g [https://community.jboss.org/people/ggireeshg] created the discussion

"Web -Services connection Handling"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787501#787501

Hi All,
 1. I have implemented a *web service* with connection pooling(*oracle-ds.xml*) with *JBoss (http://www.coderanch.com/forums/f-63/JBoss)* server. In My business class, i am getting connection from pool and performing 4 to 5 DB operations, at last closing connection, statements and result set. It is working fine for one request.
 2.If i tried for concurrent requests (Consider 5) only 1 or 2 processed, remaining failed with several reasons like (connection closed, statement closed, unusable connection, result set closed etc).
 3.If i keep business class method as "synchronized" it is working fine. But it is serving only one request at a time (for concurrent request also). - This is slow downs my response time.

 I came to know, This is connections problem, if one thread is doing DB operation, other thread is closing the connection or statement or result set.

 Can any one help and tell me how to handle concurrent requests with out synchronized keyword.

 Thanks in Advance.

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]