[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to get and update the process variable outside the process.

snowstorm tech do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 11 08:04:56 EST 2013

snowstorm tech [https://community.jboss.org/people/snowstormuser] created the discussion

"How to get and update the process variable outside the process."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/790412#790412

Hi,
I want to get and update the process variable outside the the process in java code.How can i achive this. I have used the following code given below:

Map param=new Hash();

param.put("rejectStatus",true);

WorkflowProcessInstance workflowProcessInstance=(WorkflowProcessInstance)  ksession.startProcess("Myprocess",param);
System.out.println("bfore value set====>"+workflowProcessInstance.getVariable("rejectStatus")); //Here the value that i'm able to get is Null.
workflowProcessInstance.setVariable("rejectStatus", rejectStatus);//Here I'm getting a NullPointerException.

This is the way i tried to achive my goal but its not working.
Pls help me.

Thanks in andvance.