[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - How to set the Jboss server to truncate the log file contents back to 0 when it is restarted

Tony Sabore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 21:25:10 EST 2013

Tony Sabore [https://community.jboss.org/people/awara1] created the discussion

"How to set the Jboss server to truncate the log file contents back to 0 when it is restarted"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792474#792474

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and need your assistance.

Our JBoss log file, "stderrwfc.log" keeps growing and its currently at 6GB. The log file is located in the following path: d:\jboss\bin\stderrwfc.log. If we don't do something we are going to be out of space on the server.

Where do I make this change so that log file doesn't grow anymore and how to do it?

I'm looking into how to set the service to truncate that log back to zero when I restart the service. At the moment it is set to keep the log file and append on a restart.

We're close. If anyone know "log4j" configuration over there, that appears to be the key.

Any help would be greatly appericated.

Cheers
Steven

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]