[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - restart jboss in "drain" mode

ian diddams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 17 09:38:08 EST 2013

ian diddams [https://community.jboss.org/people/didds] created the discussion

"restart jboss in "drain" mode"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792617#792617

Hi all,

we are running jboss-as-7.1.1.Final.

We would like to see if it is possible to stop the jboss instance ...  BUT...  not lose any connected sessions.  That is, say we have 10 sessions connected to our instance.  We want to NOT accept any more connections but serve these 10 until they are completed - or 20 minutes anyway.

So is it possible to tell the jboss instance to stop in 20 minut6es time but not accept any new connections in that time, darining the instance in the interim of existing connections?

cheers

Ian

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]