[jboss-user] [jBPM] - User defined class type process variables

Rahul Agrawal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 28 09:01:34 EST 2013

Rahul Agrawal [https://community.jboss.org/people/rahulamt] created the discussion

"User defined class type process variables"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794624#794624

Hi,

How to define the process variables that are the of some user defined java class.

For example, I have a java class Foo. I want to have a process variable that is Foo class type.

Does anyone has any idea how the process definition(.bpmn2 file) will look like?

<itemDefinition id="_numberItem" structureRef="Foo" />

<process processType="Private" isExecutable="true" name="BPMN_Process" id="BPMN_Process">

<!-- process variables -->
<property id="number" itemSubjectRef="_numberItem"/>

Unable to generate action invoker. : org.drools.lang.descr.ProcessDescr at 497062
org/drools/bpmn2/Process_org_drools_bpmn2_BPMN_ProcessReturnValueEvaluator1Invoker.java (12:385) : Foo cannot be resolved to a type

Do I need to import something extra? If so, how to do that. Please help.

When I try to load this process definition using
kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.+newFileResource+(process),
ResourceType.
++BPMN2++);

**return** kbuilder.newKnowledgeBase();
 I get the following exception.#####