[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: About the Quickstarts

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 28 11:56:12 EST 2013

Peter Johnson [https://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: About the Quickstarts"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794679#794679

For kitchensink you'll need something other than Dynamic Web Project because it uses EJBs. You might need several projects (I'd have to examine the Maven POM).

For HTML5 the Dynamic Web Project should be OK, though a project more geared towards JAX-RS might be better. (Or it might be worse, I usually prefer to hand-code things myself rather than relying on a tool or wizard to do my work for me; I have spent too much time on the forums helping people fix problems caused when Eclipse/JDS or one of its plugins gets overly helpful and screws things up.)

The JBoss Tools docs have various tutorials that should help you select the correct project type.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]