[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Design advice: multi-day scenario

Jonathan L do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 14:37:08 EST 2013

Jonathan L [https://community.jboss.org/people/jhl] created the discussion

"Design advice: multi-day scenario"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/795260#795260

Hi,

I've been trying to think of the best process design workflow for my use case, and need some guidance.

Here's the scenario (simplified for the sake of discussion):

We have a list of customers that we want to send emails to, but after certain days after their account has been activated.
When an account is created, kick off the workflow
@ 10 days after activation, send email A
@ 20 days after activation, send email B
@ 30 days after activation, send email C
@ 45 days after activation, send email D
@ 60 days after activation, remove from workflow
The number of days after activation increments daily
There are a few events that would remove the customer from the workflow, (i.e. "unsubscribe") - these events can come from a 3rd party system.

//

My question is what is the best way to model this behavior ?   I thought that jBPM would be the best solution because the progression of each step is fairly linear.  The exception is the ability to take in an event that removes the customer from the workflow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.