[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Human task in jbpm 5.4

Aayush Agarwal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 12 08:36:21 EDT 2013

Aayush Agarwal [https://community.jboss.org/people/rekhyt73] created the discussion

"Human task in jbpm 5.4"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/827739#827739

Hi all,

My bpmn2 process has only a single user task. It executes all right in the web designer.
But when I run it in eclipse, it says "Could not find work item handler for Human Task".
My ProcessMain code had only the boilerplate stuff until now.

So I copy-pasted this part from the evaluation example:

HornetQHTWorkItemHandler humanTaskHandler = new HornetQHTWorkItemHandler(ksession);
humanTaskHandler.setIpAddress("127.0.0.1");
humanTaskHandler.setPort(5153);
ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", humanTaskHandler);

But I now get the following error.

Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.RuntimeException: Timeout : unable to retrieve Task

I would be grateful to anyone who could tell me what more code should I add to get human tasks working in eclipse.
Thanks.

PS. I am using jBPM 5.4 and ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task", new WSHumanTaskHandler()); wouldnt work as it is deprecated.