[jboss-user] [Snowdrop] - Re: Accessing spring beans that are deployed in a war.

Bas Ven do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 24 18:05:08 EDT 2013

Bas Ven [https://community.jboss.org/people/batter] created the discussion

"Re: Accessing spring beans that are deployed in a war."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/829615#829615

Thanks for the response.  I downloaded the example from your main page:  http://downloads.jboss.org/snowdrop/examples/sportsclub/1.0/sportsclub-1.0.zip http://downloads.jboss.org/snowdrop/examples/sportsclub/1.0/sportsclub-1.0.zip
When I go to  http://localhost:9990/console/App.html#naming http://localhost:9990/console/App.html#naming I do not see that the commander factory is registered.
But I think that might be because my spring application never starts when I enable snowdrop scanning.  In its bootstrap it first creates an AnnotationConfigApplicationContext.  The first time it does an action on it, it gets a BeanException coming from the snowdrop module:

> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.core.type.classreading.AnnotationMetadataReadingVisitor from [Module "org.springframework.spring:snowdrop" from local module loader @6c7779d2 (roots: /home/bven/devel/jboss/modules)]

The class it is complaining about is part of the spring-core jar which is defined in the snowdrop module above.

At first I thought that maybe that was because that jar also lived in my ear, but I both removed it from the ear lib and I used your suggestion regarding the jboss structure file, and still get this exception.

Start a new discussion in Snowdrop at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2082]