[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Substituting Protobuf serialization to something else (binary, json etc)

Vinkat Tripurthy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 3 17:57:47 EDT 2013

Vinkat Tripurthy [https://community.jboss.org/people/mani.jorell] created the discussion

"Substituting Protobuf serialization to something else (binary, json etc)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821102#821102

I am working on using jbpm as an embedded workflow engine in a wider system which is dependent on a new version of protobuf. I do not want to recompile jbpm/drool proto files (and having to regenerate jbpm/drools jars) each time the enclosing system upgrades to a new protobuf version. I think it will be easier to just shift to binary serialization or json. Anything other than protobufs. Does any one have experience with this that they can share or maybe point me to resources to accomplish this?

I'd appreciate any help as this is quickly becoming a blocker for us. If there is a simple way to shift to another serialization mechanism that would be great.