[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JBPM + LDAP - can login, but HumanTask error appears in the jboss log

aemdtuc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 4 04:59:02 EDT 2013

aemdtuc [https://community.jboss.org/people/aemdtuc] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM + LDAP - can login, but HumanTask error appears in the jboss log"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821187#821187

Exactly, I get the error message already mentioned:

ERROR [stderr] (Thread-131) javax.naming.InvalidNameException: ldap.role.ctx: [LDAP: error code 34 - 0000208F: NameErr: DSID-031001BA, problem 2006 (BAD_NAME), data 8350, best match of:
ERROR [stderr] (Thread-131)     'ldap.role.ctx'
ERROR [stderr] (Thread-131) ]; remaining name 'ldap.role.ctx'

The only way to make this error goes away was uncommenting the ldap.user.roles.ctx and defining it's value the same as the one defined in ldap.role.ctx

ldap.user.roles.ctx=OU\=Security,OU\=Groups,OU\=_company,DC\=company,DC\=com

And from the error message we can clearly see that the program is getting ldap.role.ctx="ldap.role.ctx".

That's why I'm poiting the line 236

String roleContext = this.config.getProperty(USER_ROLES_CTX, ROLE_CTX);

Because in this line seems to be where the problem rises, as we are passing the ROLE_CTX (which contains the string "ldap.role.ctx") as the default value in case the USER_ROLES_CTX is not defined in the properties file.