[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: Is this the right project for a simple socket usecase?

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 4 07:30:22 EDT 2013

Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Is this the right project for a simple socket usecase?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821229#821229

JCA is correct for your use-case.

See  http://www.ironjacamar.org/doc/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/ch01.html#overview http://www.ironjacamar.org/doc/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/ch01.html#overview for an overview of the architecture. In your case the Socket will be in the ManagedConnection. You can checkout our HelloWorld example at  http://www.ironjacamar.org/doc/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/apb.html#sample_helloworld http://www.ironjacamar.org/doc/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/apb.html#sample_helloworld or in the IronJacamar distribution.

And yes, if you need a Thread you will use the WorkManager with your Work implementation.

If you are doing inbound then you will need a MessageEndpoint/MessageEndpointFactory that supports your listener. I would suggest supporting the JMS listener such that you can use the EJB3/MDB container as the MessageEndpoint/MessageEndpointFactory. You could do your own of course. There is an inflow example here:  https://github.com/ironjacamar/ironjacamar/blob/master/core/src/test/java/org/jboss/jca/core/inflow/PureInflowTestCase.java https://github.com/ironjacamar/ironjacamar/blob/master/core/src/test/java/org/jboss/jca/core/inflow/PureInflowTestCase.java

Likely you are looking for something more simple though.

I'm not saying that JCA is the only solution to the problem - you could likely hack something together with Netty - but from a pure EE perspective I would say JCA is the way forward.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]