[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Hibernate search with JPA query intersection

iliax iliax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 17 14:37:48 EDT 2013

iliax iliax [https://community.jboss.org/people/iliax] created the discussion

"Hibernate search with JPA query intersection"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/823533#823533

Hi everyone!
I am using hibernate 4 as JPA provider in Jboss AS 7.2. Today i enabled hiberante search module and it just works fine. I planned to use fulltext search in some kind of filter(I used Criteria API for that before). Now I want to combine Criteria query with hib-search query, but the problem is that i have maxResult and pagination(and other) restrictions in criteria query and a dont know how to combine this with hib-search(or lucene) query, that returns all entities which rows matches tha search patterns?
I know, that there is a FullTextQuery.setCriteriaQuery(), but I'm not sure that it does want and it looks for Hibernatequery, not JPA.

So, my question is how to combine hib-search(lucene) query with criteria api query?

thank's a lot!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]