[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: How to setup JBoss EAP 6 in Eclipse Indigo

Claudio Miranda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 20 13:15:35 EDT 2013

Claudio Miranda [https://community.jboss.org/people/Claudio4J] created the discussion

"Re: How to setup JBoss EAP 6 in Eclipse Indigo"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824156#824156

I was just using eclipse juno with jboss tools and was sick by its  slowness, some icons just disappear from console window and some buggy  messages.

So I went and modified jboss tools 3.3 to make it work with EAP 6.1

Steps
*  http://www.jboss.org/tools/download/stable/3_3_Final.html download source of jboss tools core 3.3 and unpack it somewhere
* download  and modify attached scripts to suit your environment (JAVA_HOME and  ECLIPSE), also uncomment the section to backup target jar files
* apply the modification as suggested in the diff file.
* invoke compile.sh

NOTE: This will make it work ONLY with EAP 6.1 that uses modules/system/layers/base, EAP 6.0 _will not work_.

Tested and verified on Linux and Windows.

For your convenience I attached the compiled code (classes_as_core.zip) to save you the time to download and compile. With this piece you only need to update the target jars, see compile.sh.

Hope this help those who find that eclipse juno is not working accordingly.

Claudio

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]