[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Accessing simple process variable for Drools rule?

Patrick Steiner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 23 16:07:18 EDT 2013

Patrick Steiner [https://community.jboss.org/people/patste] created the discussion

"Accessing simple process variable for Drools rule?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824469#824469

Hi,

I'm currently trying to learn jBPM & Drools, to be more precise, JBoss BRMS ...

Currently I'm stuck at a point where I could really need some help!

All the samples, e.g. the Car-Insurance sample from Eric Schabells Github repository do work with complex datatypes.
What I'm trying to achieve is much, much simpler - using the webbased process designer/Guvnor ...

Actually all I want is to extend Eric's brms-rewards-demo to the following:

1) add an 'amount' field to the process
2) dependent on value of the 'amount' a second approval

I have managed to extend the sample to do both, but now I would like to do the decission for 2) via a Drools rule.

Beeing a noop in this matter, I don't know how to proceed.

It would be great if someone here could point me to another sample or give me some  hint on how to proceed.

I  have added my "extended" version of Erics sample as an repository, just in case ...

Thanks a lot in advanced

Patrick