[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: I need to read values from a MySQL database and assign actors for human task accordingly. How can I retrieve content from a database or a file into the web designer?

Jiri Svitak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 25 07:21:08 EDT 2013

Jiri Svitak [https://community.jboss.org/people/jsvitak] created the discussion

"Re: I need to read values from a MySQL database and assign actors for human task accordingly. How can I retrieve content from a database or a file into the web designer?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824733#824733

Hello Aayush,

The web designer is not able to connect to a database in a way you describe. There is another approach how to solve this.

You can use process variables. You can fill the Actors field in designer with a value like #{actors}. In your code, you can fetch data from a database and supply them as a process variable "actors" to a process instance when calling startProcess() method.

See also:  https://community.jboss.org/thread/216207 https://community.jboss.org/thread/216207

Hope that helps.