[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: JCA Spec violation using resource-adapter in JBoss 7?

Tom Jenkinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 1 09:03:56 EST 2013

Tom Jenkinson [https://community.jboss.org/people/tomjenkinson] created the discussion

"Re: JCA Spec violation using resource-adapter in JBoss 7?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800298#800298

Like the original message says, it looks to me like XAResource::start is being called twice without end being called, the second attempt, we detect that it is a resource JBTM knows about so it uses XAResource.TMJOIN (I can't actually see that message in the later logs).

I can see the stack trace coming from Oracle at this second enlist:

10:13:13,585 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.jta] (default-threads - 1) ARJUNA016089: TransactionImple.enlistResource - xa_start  - caught: XAException.XAER_PROTO for < formatId=131077, gtrid_length=29, bqual_length=36, tx_uid=0:ffff0ae5bb87:5709964c:512f9df9:28, node_name=1, branch_uid=0:ffff0ae5bb87:5709964c:512f9df9:29, subordinatenodename=null, eis_name=unknown eis name >: javax.transaction.xa.XAException: J2EE GJRA-01501: cause = Attempt to start a transaction while in an active (global or local) transaction.; action = Complete current transaction before starting another
    at weblogic.jms.ra.ManagedConnectionImpl.startXA(ManagedConnectionImpl.java:1148)
    at weblogic.jms.ra.XAResourceWrapper.start(XAResourceWrapper.java:391)
    at org.jboss.jca.core.tx.jbossts.XAResourceWrapperImpl.start(XAResourceWrapperImpl.java:191)
    at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionImple.enlistResource(TransactionImple.java:715)

IronJacamar is enlisting the second time AbstractConnectionManager::allocateConnection -> reconnectManagedConnection

My question is what triggers the initial enlistment here:
out:MessageEndpoint.beforeDelivery(public abstract void javax.jms.MessageListener.onMessage(javax.jms.Message)) #4 @1361560688075..1361560688295
      in:xaResourceWrapper0.setTransactionTimeout(300) -> true #4 @1361560688102..1361560688173
         out:XAResource.setTransactionTimeout(300) -> true #4 @1361560688126..1361560688155
      in:xaResourceWrapper0.start(xid3,0) #4 @1361560688191..1361560688277 [TMNOFLAGS]
         out:XAResource.start(xid3,0) #4 @1361560688223..1361560688260     [TMNOFLAGS]

I can't really find any classes that implement MessageEndpoint so I don't know how to proceed but hopefully that is enough for someone else to go on.

Thanks,
Tom

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]