[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Problem creating a new "Java EE Web Project" from eclipse juno

Francisco Palma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 2 09:27:48 EST 2013

Francisco Palma [https://community.jboss.org/people/fpalma] created the discussion

"Problem creating a new "Java EE Web Project" from eclipse juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800442#800442

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new "Java EE Web Project" but I can't, I get the error:
     Failed to create project.
     Root cause: For artifact{null:null:null:pom}: The groupId cannot be empty.

When I'm creating the project, on the first form, I can see at the end of description: "Project based on the null:null:null Maven archetype"
I suppose that this is the problem, but I don't know how fix it.

I'm using jboss-as-7.1.1.Final, Eclipse Juno and W7.

Attached images of the error.
Thanks a lot!
Fran

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]