[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: calling the setVariable on reloaded ProcessInstance leads to NullPointerException

Oleg Bondarenko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 4 07:28:51 EST 2013

Oleg Bondarenko [https://community.jboss.org/people/obon] created the discussion

"Re: calling the setVariable on reloaded ProcessInstance leads to NullPointerException"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800581#800581

as I pointed out, the problem is not because the returned active process instance null, but because it is not completely initialized.

The exception happens in the following method of the class org.jbpm.process.instance.impl.ProcessInstanceImpl:

|  | public Process getProcess() { |
|      | if (this.process == null) { |
|          | this.process = kruntime.getKnowledgeBase().getProcess(processId); |
|      | return this.process; |
|  | } |

The kruntime is null.

I hope, now the problem is clearly and completely described.