[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Configure Maven for JBoss AS 7, associating Maven with project, unable to create Ticket-Monster project. Unable to obtain central repository.

Charles Harris do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 7 00:15:22 EST 2013

Charles Harris [https://community.jboss.org/people/lionhyde] created the discussion

"Configure Maven for JBoss AS 7, associating Maven with project, unable to create Ticket-Monster project. Unable to obtain central repository."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/801200#801200

Hello,

This is my first time ever utilizing JBoss, so please be kind :-)  The problem that I'm having is trying to associate the Maven archetype with the Ticket-Monster turorial.  I have set up Maven, and the jboss-as-7.1.1.Final Server starts up successfully.  Unfortunately, no matter what I do.  I am unable to advance past this point.  These are the sequences of steps that I have taken thus far:

1) Successfully Installed Maven.  I know this because when I issue the mvn --version command I get

2) But upon trying to proceed with the various processes to create the project I get  (As indicated earlier, the jboss-as-7.1.1.Final Server starts up successfully) :

3) Other parameter inputs.

4) And ultimately, the treaded Error.

*What have I have tried?*
-pointing the Maven User settings to this, but was still unsuccessful.

-and even tried pointing to the settings.xml file in the apache-maven directory.  I have also tried modifying the contents within the settings.xml file itself, to what Apache advises me to use.  However, again no success.  Can someone please help me.  I have been stuck on this for the last 2 weeks.

Very Respectfully,
Charles

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]