[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.St

Bond Chan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 13 04:14:27 EDT 2013

Bond Chan [https://community.jboss.org/people/bondchan921] created the discussion

"Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.St"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802275#802275

this post helps me a lot.. we have the same exact error,

but our cause is we have 2 jars in the ${jboss_home}/server/default/lib
   -jbossws-jboss423.jar
   -jbossws-jboss42.jar

Our community version is 4.2.3 and EAP version is 4.3, delete the jbossws-jboss423.jar works under EAP version, we bring this issue when migrate to EAP.

Interest thing is we also found when this 2 jars present in Solaris OS works, but Linux not,  which should be due to the file sorting order is different by the 2 OS.
the command 'ls -l' output
On solaris :
*        -jbossws-jboss42.jar*
       -jbossws-jboss423.jar