[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Configure Maven for JBoss AS 7, associating Maven with project, unable to create Ticket-Monster project. Unable to obtain central repository.

Marc Gagnon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 13 15:03:39 EDT 2013

Marc Gagnon [https://community.jboss.org/people/MarcGagnonPincourt] created the discussion

"Re: Configure Maven for JBoss AS 7, associating Maven with project, unable to create Ticket-Monster project. Unable to obtain central repository."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802455#802455

Some people will hate me but the simple truth is that you should build the project using maven from the command line: eclipse is just an interface, not a build management tool.
When you have a command line builtd success, proceed with projects importation in eclipse.
This is not as fancy as tools developpers suggest it should be and this is more work than what it should be...
But once you master this basic recipe, you will always be in control (and when the "magic" IDE will fail, you will still be in control).
Once you master theses steps, if the IDE gets fixed, then retry with the proposed way of managing the projects: if it works then great! otherwise... back to the two steps process which will always work.
I know this is not the answer you were expecting, but at least you will never again be stuck with tools which fail to help you.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]