[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - use-strict-min and prefill with oracle ds xml

Sapan Vashishth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 14 02:27:28 EDT 2013

Sapan Vashishth [https://community.jboss.org/people/sapan.vas] created the discussion

"use-strict-min and prefill with oracle ds xml"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802546#802546

Hi,

I have following configuration in my oracle-ds.xml for my oracle datasource on jboss 6.0.0 Finl

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><datasources>
  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>GBOracleDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url> **** </connection-url>
    <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
    <connection-property name="autoReconnect ">true</connection-property>
    <min-pool-size>30</min-pool-size>
    <max-pool-size>800</max-pool-size>
    <prefill>true</prefill>
    <use-strict-min>true</use-strict-min>
    <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
    <idle-timeout-minutes>5</idle-timeout-minutes>
    <use-fast-fail>false</use-fast-fail>
    <prepared-statement-cache-size>500</prepared-statement-cache-size>
    <shared-prepared-statements>true</shared-prepared-statements>
  </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>

As per the name and documentation of prefill and use-strict-min there should be always conencions equal to minimum pool size specified.
But during the execution I see that the connection count does not show same,
It shows lesser connections that the min pool size and even goes to zero when no load on server.
This is causing issues in the performance runs as during the creation of the connections the request have to wait until the connection is available.

Is there something else that is required to be configured for the same or there is some issue with these parameters.

Thanks in advance
Sapan

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]