[jboss-user] [jBPM] - dynamically-loaded enum type work item parameter + custom editor in jBPM web designer

Szymek Pindelski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 19 06:34:25 EDT 2013

Szymek Pindelski [https://community.jboss.org/people/sweeper] created the discussion

"dynamically-loaded enum type work item parameter + custom editor in jBPM web designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803544#803544

hi,
what is the best way to service dynamically-loaded enum-typed work item parameters ?
I need to define a custom service task with an input parameter whose list of available values is loaded from db (or some other external source).
Then I would like to display it in jbpm web designer as a drop-down - so the user could just pick the right value.
There is a EnumDataType but it seems that it's a simple wrapper for static Java enumerations with fixed value list.
Should I use ObjectDataType with className java.util.Map<String, Object> (or simply 'java.util.Map') instead ?
Or maybe a custom-defined data type would be necessary ?
How to add a custom editor to view it as a drop-down list in jBPM web designer ?
I read  {thread:id=731208}this discussion{thread} about adding custom editors to web designer and since version 2.2 is out i presume this extensibility is now a standard feature ?
How to add such custom editor ?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
regards
Simon
BTW, i use jbpm 5.4.0.Final along with web designer 2.4.0.Final