[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Communication between JBoss 5.1.0 GA and JBoss AS 7.1.1

Janusz Lisiecki do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 20 09:05:03 EDT 2013

Janusz Lisiecki [https://community.jboss.org/people/phobo] created the discussion

"Communication between JBoss 5.1.0 GA and JBoss AS 7.1.1"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803806#803806

In my case I have an application deployed in JBoss 5.1.0 that needs to communicate with another application deployed in JBoss AS 7.1.1. Is there an option for such communication using JBoss Remoting? I'm getting an exception like this:

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.xnio.XnioProvider: Provider org.xnio.nio.NioXnioProvider could not be instantiated: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.xnio.nio.NioXnioProvider
at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:207)

I have tried to add jboss-client.jar (from JBoss 7) to directory JBoss/lib in JBoss 5, and then the exception was:

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.xnio.XnioProvider: Provider org.xnio.nio.NioXnioProvider could not be instantiated: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.logging.Logger.tracef(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
 at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:207)

as I understand there is different api for logging in each JBoss versions.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]