[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Human task escalation understanding

javajbpmuser do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 20 11:41:34 EDT 2013

javajbpmuser [https://community.jboss.org/people/javajbpmuser] created the discussion

"Re: Human task escalation understanding"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803857#803857

Hi Esteban,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

It is definitely provides me the solution how to customize escalation event . Actually here is the solution I set up according to what you explained before , it is working fine  and  I am giving the java code that can help other members  to define quickly a customized escalation.
Just for information , I do not  use the Servlet HumanTaskServiceServlet  in my application as mechanism for plugging cutomized task service.

Actually I am using spring configuration on my application , so at startup I am creating the task service using the code below :

public void initialize(){

MyOwnEscalationHandler Myhandler = new MyOwnEscalationHandler();
taskService = new TaskService(emf, SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener(),Myhandler);// register my handler in the task service
}
The class MyOwnEscalationHandler is the following

*public* *class* MyOwnEscalationHandler *implements*
EscalatedDeadlineHandler {

@Override
*public* *void* executeEscalatedDeadline(Task task, Deadline deadline,
 Content content, TaskService service) {
 // *TODO* Auto-generated method stub
 *if* ( deadline == *null* || deadline.getEscalations() == *null*) {
 System.+out+.println("**********No escalation detected**********");
 *return*;
        }

 *for* ( Escalation escalation : deadline.getEscalations() ) {
 System.+out+.println("Deadline detected  processing action ");
 System.+out+.println("The task has expired , I am executing my own Deadline handler**********");
 // we won't impl constraints for now
 //escalation.getConstraints()

 // run reassignment first to allow notification to be send to new potential owners
 *if* ( !escalation.getReassignments().isEmpty()) {
 // get first and ignore the rest.
 Reassignment reassignment = escalation.getReassignments().get( 0 );

                task.getTaskData().setStatus( Status.+Ready+ );
 List potentialOwners = *new* ArrayList( reassignment.getPotentialOwners() );
 task.getPeopleAssignments().setPotentialOwners( potentialOwners );
 task.getTaskData().setActualOwner(*new* User("Administrator"));

 }
*for* ( Notification notification : escalation.getNotifications() ) {
 System.+out+.println("****** Notify by emaill**********");
 }
            }
 deadline.setEscalated( *true* );