[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Data input objects - blocking a task

Jim Beam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 20 11:50:20 EDT 2013

Jim Beam [https://community.jboss.org/people/jamesbeam] created the discussion

"Re: Data input objects - blocking a task"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803861#803861

Hi.  I believe we are working on a similar problem - If I understand your question.  I have received a few helpful suggestions.  The easiest (and ugliest) was to put an AND gateway and a signal intermediate event in front of each task.  This way, the task is not reached until the signal event (new data) is added to the process/ksession.  The other option, which I am working on now (a recommendation from salaboy I think), is implementing this functionality in a customworkitem - where the handler will not complete the work item until the required data is available.  This way, one handler could be used to look for a message that was defined as a parameter in that workitem.  This seems much cleaner to me.
hth  (let me know if you have any thoughts)
-J