[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM5 - Can't Scale, Won't Scale

M Arnold do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 20 13:51:54 EDT 2013

M Arnold [https://community.jboss.org/people/m_arnold123] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 - Can't Scale, Won't Scale"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803888#803888

> The engine will make sure  request a is completed before starting request b.

Ok, that's what I mean by serialisation - executing the process instances one at a time.

One final question!  You said: process instances can easily continue execution in a different session than it was created in.  Supposing I had facts inserted into my knowledge session.  Those facts would then available for all process instances that are executed using the session.  But I want to have rule tasks in my processes, and for that they need to private to the process instance.  Is the only way to achieve that to have each process instance in its own session?  Additionally, I suppose the same is true of globals - they are global to the session and available to all process instances that are executing using the session?.

Thanks in advance - your answers have been extremely helpful.