[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss 4.1.0.Alpha1 memory leak?

Jesper Skov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 21 07:47:10 EDT 2013

Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"JBoss 4.1.0.Alpha1 memory leak?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/804026#804026

A few of us has started using the new Alpha1 with Kepler M5.

The impression is there is a much higher memory load. Especially on XP where our Heap is limited to 1GB this becomes a problem.

Since I don't have a specific use case I can repeat, I have a little trouble providing you with some useful information.

However, I got a heap dump from one of the sessions where things was at a crawl. Analyzing it, I find this in Memory Analysis's leak suspects:

900 instances of *"org.jboss.tools.common.model.filesystems.impl.JarAccess"*, loaded by *"org.jboss.tools.common.model"* occupy *68.321.856 (18,11%)* bytes.
 These instances are referenced from one instance of *"org.eclipse.jdt.core.IElementChangedListener[]"*, loaded by *"org.eclipse.jdt.core"*

20% of memory locked up by a single plugin seems excessive, but I don't really have anything to compare it with. So it may be OK?!?

What do you think?

Is there something I can provide you to resolve if this is a JBossTools leak?

Cheers,
Jesper

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]