[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: JCA Spec violation using resource-adapter in JBoss 7?

jleinawe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 22 18:23:16 EDT 2013

jleinawe [https://community.jboss.org/people/jleinawe] created the discussion

"Re: JCA Spec violation using resource-adapter in JBoss 7?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/804402#804402

Hi Jesper,

Some questions/observations:
1. Do you know when the patch you provided,  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2098-221780-803321-80503/ironjacamar-core-impl.jar ironjacamar-core-impl.jar, will be available in the nightly snapshots?

2. We haven't tested a lot with JBoss releases prior to 7.1.1 but may in the near future (say JBoss 5).   Do you know if this issue exists in prior releases and if so, are patches such has this backported?

3. In one of our test runs, we saw a NPE in the JBoss code when shutting down the JBoss server.   See attached server.log and search for "NullPointerException"

4. An observation from one of our developers from looking at our RA tracing.    It appears JBoss is still violating the JCA spec by not immediately delisting in response to ConnectionEventListener.connectionClosed.  (It's deferring it until just before the commit.).

For #4, our RA is compatable with JBoss so this isn't an open issue for us.  Just sharing since some day in the future more validation checks may be added or some other vendor's RA might run into this.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]