[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: error after push a application on openshift from jbossdeveloper

Andre Dietisheim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 28 11:54:24 EDT 2013

Andre Dietisheim [https://community.jboss.org/people/adietish] created the discussion

"Re: error after push a application on openshift from jbossdeveloper"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/805334#805334

Hi Mauro

The following clearly points me to the assumption that you dont have the execute permissions (chmod +x) on your hook-files/folders.
> line 15: bin/startup.sh: Permission denied
> Failed to start

Earlier versions of the OpenShift tooling (<4.0.0.CR1, < 3.3.2) had this issue when merging the OpenShift application into an existing project (in your workspace):  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13217 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13217
 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13217 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13217You're not merging but cloning into a new project in your workspace, I'm therefore wondering what resetted the x-persmission on your hooks. Do you know in what step this happened?
In step 3 you say
> 3) i have downloaded the  https://github.com/lulinqing/openshift-tomcat-quickstart https://github.com/lulinqing/openshift-tomcat-quickstart like a zip
I dont follow you completely here. Your url points to a git-repo, how would you "download like a zip"? Depending on the exact operation you did there I guess that this is when it happened.

You should be able to very easily correct the missing permissions. Simply go to the file-/folder-properties and check the "execute" permissions in the appropriate windows dialog.

If you still think that this is an issue in our tooling, then I'd appreciate a lot if you could file an issue against our isse tracker at: issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE

Cheers
André

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]