[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Problem with jBossTools after deleting runtimes on projects.

James Drinkard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 29 09:37:11 EDT 2013

James Drinkard [https://community.jboss.org/people/james_drinkard] created the discussion

"Re: Problem with jBossTools after deleting runtimes on projects."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/805499#805499

Hello Rob,

Thank you for the information!  I'm going to try and validate the information in the metadata file, based on a recovered version the day prior, if I can get it.  It appears to be correct and that eclipse is using that to find the settings.  I think that is why I still show a server name of jboss-eap under various properties in eclipse.

It almost seems that somewhere locally, eclipse has some setting that links to this file and that is broken now.  If the recovered version matches what I still have exactly, that sounds plausible as no one else on the team has had issues except me.  That would point to something I have locally that got changed and accounts the broken jBoss tools in my version of eclipse.  What stikes me as odd is I can delete eclipse and jBoss 4.3 totally from my machine, copy in a fresh version and still get the same problem.  That keeps me thinking it's a localized setting somewhere.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]