[jboss-user] [jBPM] - BPMN process with XML input - XSLT transformation - XML output

Massimiliano Izzo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 7 06:37:59 EDT 2013

Massimiliano Izzo [https://community.jboss.org/people/amizzo] created the discussion

"BPMN process with XML input - XSLT transformation - XML output"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/816475#816475

Hi all,

I am a newbie to jBPM, so hope to not put a trivial question...
I am designing a software system to integrate several systems exchanging messages through JMS. All the systems defined a common XML data frame validated through an XML schema. The integration system needs to do some computation on specific XML tags.
As an example, if I receive the following xml:
<msg>
<a>5</a>
<b>6</a>
</msg>
I have to transform the xml into
<msg>
<a>5</a>
<b>6</a>
<sum>11</sum>
</msg>

My question is: Can I design a jBPM5 process to handle this task without developing a Java task to get the XSLT transformation? Is there any out-of-the-box feature of jBPM5 to model such scenario?

Thanks in advance for your assistance