[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Concurrency issue with LocalTaskService

Jon Kranes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 9 14:46:11 EDT 2013

Jon Kranes [https://community.jboss.org/people/jkranes] created the discussion

"Re: Concurrency issue with LocalTaskService"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/817056#817056

Yes, creating a new LocalTaskService instance inside each method where I use it does seem to do the trick, so it does seem to be the source of the concurrency error.  At least based on some quick testing, I seem to be able to construct it using a singleton instance of org.jbpm.task.service.TaskService.  Next step is to optimize a bit by creating only one per request as you suggested.

Any other similar issues I should be looking out for?  I am still trying to figure out a good workaround for the StatefulKnowledgeSession thread safety issue.  I'm a bit concerned that all these thread safety issues, as the app I am working on is expected to eventually scale up fairly high.

Thanks,

Jon