[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - changing default port in AS 7

David Harris do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 10 19:05:45 EDT 2013

David Harris [https://community.jboss.org/people/dmwpepper] created the discussion

"changing default port in AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/817223#817223

When I go to  http://localhost:8080 http://localhost:8080, I get the JBoss AS 7 welcome screen.  However, I want other apps to run on 8080.  I'm running in standalone mode, so I thought changing standalone.xml's socket-binding-group http port from 8080 to 8082 would do the trick, but the welcome screen comes back.  Can anyone tell me how to have the port default to something other than 8080? Thanks.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]