[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: What is the new "arquillian" of JBoss Tools?
Max Rydahl Andersen
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 17 11:53:33 EDT 2013
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion
"Re: What is the new "arquillian" of JBoss Tools?"
To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/818265#818265
From: https://plus.google.com/109915195368578219327/posts/9Y44KDTxVJn https://plus.google.com/109915195368578219327/posts/9Y44KDTxVJn
It has taken a while but we now got jbosstools-arquillian up and running at http://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-arquillian http://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-arquillian
It is still a bit rough on its edges but now that Snjezana made it integrate
with standard launch configurations it seems appropriate to enroll it in
JBoss Tools upcoming Beta1 release.
Edges found while integrating it is recorded at https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-14424 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-14424
Thanks Snjezana and all the +Arquillian (https://plus.google.com/100660127586085393031)'s that have given input!"
http://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-arquillian http://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-arquillian has some links to screencasts for what it can do - not all full uptodate integrated to latest changes but should give you and idea what it can do:
Pasted for convenience.
The arquillian-eclipse project contains Eclipse plugins that make using Arquillian easier( http://arquillian.org/ http://arquillian.org).
The following are implemented features:
1) add/remove the Arquillian support (right-click the project, select Configure>Add/Remove Arquillian support)
The project has to be a maven project. The Add Arquillian Support action adds the Arquillian nature to the project as well as the arquillian artifacts (bom, dependencies, required plugins, profiles ...) to the project's pom.xml.
The Remove Arquillian Support removes the Arquillian nature, but doesn't change the project's pom.xml. Related jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6319 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6319
See http://screencast.com/t/gUh1IjTBfnE http://screencast.com/t/gUh1IjTBfnE
2) New Arquillian JUnit Test Case wizard
The wizard is currently based on the JUnit Test Case wizard, but adds the following to the created class:
* @RunWith(Arquillian.class) annotation
* the deployment method
The user can define the name of the deployment method, the name and order of the deployment, the type and name of the archive, add an empty beans.xml, available classes and resources to the deployment archive.Related jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6318See http://screencast.com/t/mjoeU7gqkym3) Adding the Generate Arquillian Deployment Method action to the context menu of the Java editor and Eclipse views.Related jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-8553See http://screencast.com/t/OY701ZWeXWsv4) Ability to click through to resources specified as part of Shrinkwrap definitionRelated jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6338See http://screencast.com/t/y8bt7See5) The Run As Arquillian launch configuration includes the following features:
* is actived only if there is the org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian class
* runs only Arquillian JUnit tests
* checks if there is exactly one implementation of the org.jboss.arquillian.container.spi.client.container.DeployableContainer interface
* includes the Arquillian tab that enables the user to check/change the Arquillian configuration properties, select maven profiles, review/start/stop WTP servers. The Arquillian configuration properties are added using declarations from the arquillian.xml, arquillian.properties and the default values when instantiating the corresponding container configuration.
See http://screencast.com/t/0cOI6AITkupB6) Arquillian validatorThe arquillian validator finds the following issues:
* classes that are used in a test, but aren't included in the deployment
* tests without any deployment method and/or any test method
* resources that can't be found Arquillian issues can be ignored, marked as a warning or as an error. It is possible to add quick fixes (haven't been implemented yet) for some or all Arquillian issues.
See http://screencast.com/t/53XkyHltg7) Arquillian viewThe Arquillian view (Arquillia Cruiser) shows Arquillian deployment archives.Related jira: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6662See http://screencast.com/t/P3mnJy8UV8) Add Arquillian ProfilesSee http://screencast.com/t/HDAPlRjWsD9) Adding default VM arguments to Arquillian/JUnit/TestNG launch configurationsSee http://screencast.com/t/Lrh0AA2hD5510) JBoss Java Project Source ContainerMoved to the Source Lookup plugin. See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13799TODO:
* the new Arquillian TestNG Test Case wizard
* Content Assist CA will offer the user available resources/classes that can be added to the deployment method."
Reply to this message by going to Community
Start a new discussion in JBoss Tools at Community
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the jboss-user