[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Is it possible to integrate CDI beans into script and service tasks within jBPM 5.4?

Mauricio Salatino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 28 12:18:49 EDT 2013

Mauricio Salatino [https://community.jboss.org/people/salaboy21] created the discussion

"Re: Is it possible to integrate CDI beans into script and service tasks within jBPM 5.4?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/819932#819932

Vladimir you are correct. I'm happy to see that the book is helping.
I usually recommend using "Abstract Tasks" or just Task and a work item handler implementation associated to it to implement custom logic. Even using the script task for calling your own java classes is a bad and error prone practice in my experience. Services tasks are more SOA oriented as Vladimir mention but as far as I remember they can be also used to call a method in a bean as well.. so you can try that if you don't want to write your WorkItemHandler implementation..
Cheers