[jboss-user] [jBPM] - SyncTaskServiceWrapper timeout issue

Adedayo Koko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 29 17:35:59 EDT 2013

Adedayo Koko [https://community.jboss.org/people/mydevbox] created the discussion

"SyncTaskServiceWrapper timeout issue"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/820225#820225

I have been running into random timeout issues when using  SyncTaskServiceWrapper for Human task related services. My current setup has humantask service war and gwt-console-server deployed in same server, using the same configured datasource in JBoss 7. I noticed when i complete a human task with the SyncTaskServiceWrapper, it appears  when i access human task related services through the rest service,  I get stale task data. I will sometime have to wait about 2sconds to get updated human task info. My questions are -

1. Any problem with current setup (i.e using rest service and humantask. No local service/direct jta setup)?
2. If there are problems with q1, what are the possible solutions?

I noticed SyncTaskServiceWrapper already provides for some wait/delay support. So ideally i do not think i should be suspending thread excution or  implementing wait/delay stuffs in my code.

Some guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Koko