[jbosscache-dev] Stream dilemma

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir.blagojevic at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 10:58:41 EDT 2006

So basically the contract with object based streams obliges cacheloader
implementors as following:

- they are not allowed to close the stream
- they should not catch any exceptions
- they should not wrap the provided object stream

And it gives us (state transfer generators/integrators) all the
flexibility we need:

- we keep control of which stream we pass
- we keep the reference to the passed stream
- we keep control of stream closing and exception handling

If this contract is violated we lose interoperability between various
cacheloaders, cacheloader implementations are very error prone and it
becomes very hard for state transfer generators/integrators to correctly
implement state transfers.