[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-874 (WAS: JBCACHE-315 and 1.4.1)

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Mon Dec 4 12:31:27 EST 2006

Manik Surtani wrote:
> Yeah, I may do a CR1 tomorrow anyway, and get JBCACHE-315 and JGroups
> 2.4.1 in CR2 now.  There are enough changes from fixing
> JBCACHE-871 and JBCACHE-875 to warrant a CR, as these are
> pretty big changes.

It's not a big deal if JBCACHE-874 doesn't go in 1.4.1.CR1, but it would
be nice to get it in so it's out in the wild longer before the GA.

This is a switch from LinkedList to LinkedHashSet as the data structure
in TransactionEntry; there's a forum post linked to the JIRA that
explains why.

I can probably do this today, but wanted to point out a couple things
and get feedback:

1) A bunch of the LinkedList fields in TransactionEntry are protected.
Changing them to LinkedHashSet therefore technically changes the API.
This is an internal class, so I don't think that's an issue.  Any
objections?

2) A number of TransactionEntry methods return List and currently hand
out a ref to the internal data structure.  The caller of these methods
logically expects a List so I think the API should remain the same.  So,
that implies the methods would do something like "return new
ArrayList(internalSet);"

If there are any concerns about this, it doesn't need to get done today
or go in CR1.

- Brian