[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-315

Bela Ban bela at jboss.org
Thu Dec 7 03:28:05 EST 2006

I'd vote for *not* including 315 into 1.4 and getting it done on CVS
head only. Later, we can always backport it to 1.4.

Besides, this is a COMPLEX issue and for now it belongs into the
(experimental) CVS head branch, rather than the relatively stable 1.4
branch.

Again, we have to prioritize tasks

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> It is becoming more and more obvious to me that porting JBCACHE-315
> solution to 1.4 branch is not going to be an easy task. Let me
> elaborate. Requirements for JBCACHE-315 as far as JGroups goes are all
> in place. However, only HEAD branch of JBC has all other prerequisites
> that allow direct implementation of JBCACHE-315 in a reasonable time
> frame for our release dates. JBC 1.4 branch is a different story. 1.4
> branch does not have partial state transfer implemented on top native
> JGroups partial state mechanism - it uses RPC based mechanism with
> additional support framework (activation queues etc).
>
> If we really have to have JBCACHE-315 in 1.4.1 GA in time we have to add
> some additional resource to help me out. For example, we can have Brian
> assist me on JBCACHE-315 while I port partial state transfer from HEAD
> to 1.4 branch. Brian is overflowed with work already. Having JBCACHE-315
> in 1.4 branch would require configuration stack change to include FLUSH.
> We have to do testing for that as well as regressions testing for
> replacement of old partial state transfer. A bit risky so close to
> release.
>
> Do you have some ideas how we can squeeze JBCACHE-315 in 1.4.1 or should
> we include it only in HEAD?
>
> Vladimir

Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / JBoss Clustering team